Introduction – A digital transformation in education is the creative application of modern technologies and digital tools to improve teaching and learning. It benefits education institutions by improving teaching, learning, and overall accessibility in education. Beyond e-learning, digital transformation uses technology and data to improve academic operations on a larger scale, which benefits staff, students, and education providers.
This blog will explore the digital transformation tools, and techniques educators can adopt to bridge the gap between traditional and modern learning methods to future-ready institutes.
Adopting Digital First Approach –
Digital Transformation is slowly paving the way for more advanced, sophisticated, and future-ready education centers. The idea of digitally transforming the education sector is not new. It has existed for many years, but its relevance rose exponentially when the COVID-19 pandemic disrupted classroom-led education. The worldwide digital transformation market in education will be valued at USD 77.23 billion by 2028 and is expected to grow by 30.5%. As learning extends beyond traditional classrooms, digital solutions will become integral to these new settings.
The adoption of digital tools not only makes education accessible but also makes existing systems smart, efficient and inclusive. To stay ahead of the curve, educators have already started making significant changes to their curriculum, assessments, and even the physical layout of their classrooms. Let's look at the top EdTech trends we have seen emerging as education centers begin to embrace the digital-first approach.
• AI and ML - Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) based tools are driving growth and innovation across all industries, including education. According to eLearning Industry, in the next few years, up to 47% of learning management products will be equipped with AI capabilities. Artificial intelligence is also spearheading accessibility in education, providing students with learning impairment a safe space to experiment and learn with the tools like Text-To-Speech, Chatbots, and Learning Management Systems.
• Adaptive Learning – Adaptive Learning is a data-driven educational system that allows educators to monitor student performance and tailor the curriculum to each learner's specific requirements. Educational institutions can implement an Adaptive Learning methodology with tailor-made Apps and platforms to customize educational experiences and prevent academic desertion.
• Immersive Tech – AR/VR and Mixed Reality improve collaboration, creative skills, and problem-solving to prepare students for the future. Teachers can explain difficult concepts to students in a controlled environment by making learning immersive and experiential. Immersive technologies are gaining traction in the EdTech sector, with projections predicting that the market for AR/VR and Mixed Reality in education will reach $6 billion by 2023.
• IoT – Education is one of the most adaptive and effective sectors for deploying Internet of Things (IoT) devices for collaboration, interaction, and accessibility. The growth in mobile technology and the Internet of Things has had a significant impact on transforming traditional learning centers into smart ones. Let's look at some IoT-based devices that can help you transform your education center.
· Smart Whiteboards
· Interactive Display Panels
· Student Tracking Systems
· Digital Podium
· Sensor-Based Tools
· Wearable Devices
• Remote Proctoring- E-learning has shown to be one of the most convenient learning methods for both students and teachers. However, there are still serious issues about the online student assessment's honesty and integrity. That's where Remotely proctored exams come into the picture. Remote proctoring enables educational institutions to conduct online exams while preventing students from using unethical means. With AI-powered or Live Remote proctoring, you can record your exams from start to finish, including desktop screens, photos, and chat logs, safeguarding your institution's academic integrity.
• Improved Performance with Data Analytics - Analytics can help schools track results and enhance outcomes. Teachers can gain a better knowledge of what individual students and classrooms require by examining data generated from students' use of digital devices in the school.
• Personalized Learning – With personalized and adaptive learning solutions, students study in a way that best suits their unique learning styles and helps them acquire and retain knowledge much more effectively. The process also makes it easy for teachers to provide confidential feedback to each student and helps the institute with student retention rates since students feel more involved.
• Increased Engagement - The key to engagement is learner motivation. Teachers have the potential to improve student performance by increasing learner engagement with subject matter through digital education methodologies. Additionally, having access to relevant and diverse content online enables students to not only expand their knowledge but also develop their cognitive skills.
• Better Accessibility - One of the most encouraging benefits of digital transformation in education is the improvement of school accessibility. Implementing digital tools can be extremely beneficial for students with impairments, enabling a more inclusive learning environment for everyone to thrive and boosting institute credibility.
• Equipping Students for Their Desired Job Market- For students, the ultimate benefit of digital education is the ability to meet the requirements of their future jobs. With smart classrooms and digital tools, students can access timely and relevant content to future-proof their skillsets.
How Can You Learn More?
Digital transformation starts with a strategy—a well-defined strategy for capitalizing on new technological possibilities while meeting your organizational goals.
To successfully lead your institution's Digital Transformation initiatives, you must understand their urgency and potential. With the right strategic partner, you can easily overcome the technical barriers and become industry leaders.
Having worked closely with clients in the education industry, we can help you identify your true business needs and strategize the most effective ways to accelerate your digital transformation journey.